Your safety is our priority.
Although fires are very rare, please read the following to help familiarise yourself and your guests with fire safety and precautions at Cringles House.
We have conducted a Fire Risk Assessment at Cringles House, in accordance with statutory regulations, and identified and managed risks in accordance with the relevant legislation.
Please make yourself familiar prior to and on arrival at Cringles House with the information on this important page.
- Cringles House’s Fire Evacution Plan is available throughout the house in hard copy. This shows exit routes in each room, and also the Assembly Point (by the front gate).
Please make yourself familiar with this before or on arrival at the house.
- Cringles House is strictly non-smoking in all inside areas, and in and around the hot tub.
To minimise the risk of fire, we also kindly ask that you do not use candles, fireworks or similar items both inside and outside the house.
We ask that all guests respect this.
- Cringles House has smoke detectors in key areas to detect fires.
- There are two carbon monoxide alarms in the sitting room.
Fire fighting equipment is available to deal with small fires in their early stages.
This equipment includes:
- A fire blanket in the kitchen.
- One CO2 fire extinguisher in the kitchen.
- One foam fire extinguisher in the ground floor hallway.
- Please read the instructions on each before use and ensure the correct extinguisher is used based on the type of fire.
- A fire blanket in the garage with the barbecue.
- Torches are available in each bedroom to help you get to safety.
Please familiarise yourself with this equipment when you arrive at the house, as well as fire exit ways.
If you cannot tackle the fire, please call 999 immediately reporting the fire and asking for assistance.
Please let them know the postcode BD20 0NS (BD twenty, zero NS).
The grid reference is SE 04891 48584 (latitude – 53.933381 ; longitude – -1.9269927) (x- 404891; y – 448584); Mapcode GBR GQZY.LR
- LOG BURNING STOVE– please be careful when using the fire. This advice from Cheshire Fire Service may prove useful.
Please keep children aware from the fire at all times, and note that the outside of the fire can be and will remain very hot during and after use. There is a guard available to help minimise risks, though this is not a substitute for supervision and caution around the fire.
- BARBECUES – Cringles House does not provide a barbecue. If you use your own please be careful, and familiarise yourself with this guidance from the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents before using any barbecue. Please also make sure you keep your barbecue away from the vines on the house, and have a fire extinguisher and fire blanket ready. Also, please do not put hot coals or ashes in the bin until cool.
- Do not cover the electrical heaters provided, which are available for extra heating for those that require it.
- ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT – you are advised to unplug and turn off all electrical equipment when not in use (eg at night), including phone and computer chargers.