Access Statement for Cringles House
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, instead it aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that are on offer for all our guests/visitors.
Cringles House is a luxury holiday home set in the beautiful Yorkshire countryside. It is ideal for those who want a family and friend focused holiday, with spectacular countryside, as well as lovely villages and towns nearby.
Cringles House sleeps up to 11 people with four bedrooms (upstairs), a large sitting room, separate dining room, and has three bathrooms of which two are en-suite. There is a downstairs family room with double sofa bed. There is a downstairs WC.
Cringles House was built around 1913 and has recently been refurbished to a high standard.
The house is set in 1/2 acre of garden, with a large enclosed lawn and stone terrace, and with views across the valley.
Cringles House is set in the Yorkshire countryside and within a short drive to the Yorkshire Dales National Park. The house is also close to the interesting and historic villages of Ilkley, Haworth, and Skipton.
A full plan of the house with pictures is available here.
We look forward to welcoming you.
If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01133281099 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will email you shortly after your booking with full details of Cringles House and pre-arrival information, as well as asking you if you have any special requests.
- For full details on how to reach us please see our website.
- cringleshouse.com has full details with picture of Cringles House as well as on things to do and our facilities.
- The nearest train station is at Silsden/Steeton on the Airedale Line which his approx 2 miles away. Alternatively the larger Ilkley station is 4 miles away and has parking as well as having a line into Leeds.
- The nearest bus stop is around 50 yards from the house.
- Taxis can be booked from Silsden/Steeton taxis and other local firms. Silsden/Steeton taxis has wheelchair accessible vehicles.
- We will inform you on key collection details which will be made available on your arrival.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- Key collection – a front and back door key will be available for you.
- These will be located in the secure key-box and we will provide you with the code for this with your welcome email.
- Parking is available for six cars in a large gravelled courtyard to the front of the property, which is close to the front door.
- There is a paved walkway from the edge of the car park to the front door. There are two steps up to the front door.
- The area has a motion sensor light over the car park and front door.
Entrance to Property
- There are two steps to the front door. There is no handrail.
- The house can be accessed from the back door. There is a small step and it leads into the rear hallway from which you can access the rest of the house.
- The flooring to the entrances and main hallway is tile.
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- The hall, stairs and landings are well lit using a combination of ceiling (LED) and table lights.
- The floor coverings in the hall and downstairs hallways are tile.
- There is short pile carpet on the stairs and upstairs landing and hallways.
- The staircase to the first floor has 14 steps. Being the original cottage staircase, it is quite steep. There is a handrail on one side up the first 5 steps.
- The sitting room is situated on the ground floor with level entry through the dining room from the hallway.
- The room has a mixture of seating with sofas and soft chairs as well as some high chairs with arms, together with several low coffee tables.
- Furniture can be moved.
- There is a widescreen digital television with remote control, subtitles, and Netflix.
- Lighting is natural daylight.
- By night levels are controlled by dimmer switches, with overhead lighting used as well as table lamps around the room.
- There is a wood burning stove.
- The dining room is situated on the ground floor with level entry from both the hallway, the kitchen and the sitting room.
- The door openings to the dining room from both the hallway and the kitchen are 750mm/29.5ins wide.
- Flooring in the dining room is wood laminate.
- The dining table (moveable) has legs on each corner and can seat 10-12 people (5 on each side, and 1 or 2 on the ends)
- There is free space around the table.
- Chairs (all moveable) – 12 chairs with padded seats that have no arms.
- Lighting is natural daylight with wall lighting and table
- The kitchen is situated on the ground floor with step free, level access from the hallway and the dining room.
- There is a Rangemaster (halogen) hob.
- Fridge freezer available.
- Flooring is flagstone.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- The family room on the ground floor has a double sofa bed.
- The ground floor toilet is across the corridor and has a WC and sink.
- There are four bedrooms on the second floor, two with ensuite: one with bath, and one with walk-in shower.
- Bedroom one has a en-suite shower, a basin and a WC. The double bed can be accessed from both sides
- Bedroom two has a king sized bed, which can be accessed from both sides. It has an en-suite bathroom (wet room) with bath, shower, basin and WC. There is a pull-down double bed in this room, which we can put/make up before your arrival.
- Bedroom three has a king sized bed, which can be accessed from both sides.
- Bedroom four has two single beds, which can be accessed from both sides.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
- There is a downstairs toilet, with basin and WC.
- There is a main bathroom on the second floor, with free standing bath, walk in shower, and basin. It has underfloor heating.
- Two bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms – one with a shower, basin and WC; one, a wet room, with bath, walk-in shower, basin and WC.
- All have bathrooms, shower-rooms and toilets have LED lighting in the ceiling.
- The utility room is accessed just off the kitchen by the back door.
- There is a sink.
- There is a standard size washing machine and drier. Both are front loading..
- Flooring is tiling.
- There is a large enclosed lawned area accessible from next to the car park from the gravelled area.
- There is a terrace to the front and side of house. If accessing the lawned area it is best to approach it from the car park or from the rear of the house
- There is also a wooden garden bench on the terrace.
- The nearest General Hospital with an A&E unit and walk in NHS is Airedale Hospital, 3 miles away and the nearest Doctor’s surgery is 1 mile away in Silsden. Details are available on our website.
- Further information is in the welcome email.
- We will continue to review Cringles House to make it more accessible and your comments would be useful. Please email us at email@example.com
|Address:||Cringles House, Silsden West Yorkshire BD20|
|Hours Of Operation:||Cringles House can be booked for stays from three nights|
|Local Accessible Taxi:||There are several taxi firms nearby including Silsden/Steeton taxis, which have wheelchair accessible vehicles. Other firms in Ilkley provide similar services.|
|Local Public Transport:||The 762 bus between Keighley and Ilkley travels by Cringles House (within 60 yards). Ilkley has a train station on the Wharfedale line which can take you the main train station at Leeds (with connections throughout the UK).|