You will, no doubt, want to make the most of Cringles House’s cooking and dining facilities, and to help you do so, we have provided some information below on where to ingredients and other groceries.
Note, we provide a small refreshment pack for when you first arrive at Cringles House, as well as starter packs for washing up and lighting the log burner.
There are some excellent stores close-by where you get quality food and ingredients.
- Lishmans of Ilkley – is an award winning butcher, which markets itself as “the venue to visit for the very best in home dining” and “the habitat of the highest quality meat products sourced from local farmers who truly care about the animals they raise”.
- Ramus Seafood Emporium, in Ilkley, provides great quality and variety with the vision of “We strive to be the number one supplier of the finest fresh fish and seafood to Yorkshire and beyond”.
- Mackenzies Smokehouse shop at Blubberhouses (12 miles) is the perfect rural location for a relaxed shopping experience. Their store cupboard is crammed with every pantry essential you’ll ever need from Mackenzies Jams and Marmalades to nuts, herbs, olives and seeds. Also at our Smokehouse Shop is a wide range of Biscuits, Cakes, Teas, Coffees and flour. You can also buy their smoked products which are prepared onsite.
- Bettys in Ilkley is a quality bakers, as well as being a famous teashop.
- Farmers’ markets take place regularly in the area, including in Otley and Skipton.
- There are several farmhouses nearby which offer good value free range produce so look out for the signs by the side of the road.
There is a large choice of supermarkets within a few miles of Cringles House.
- Booths is a high-end supermarket with branches throughout northern England focusing on higher quality food. Booths’ Ilkley store offer a choice of local and international food and drink.
- Tesco have large supermarkets in both Ilkley and Skipton, with the latter having a slightly larger range of produce, as well as non-food items and extended opening.
- Sainsbury’s in Keighley is a superstore with food and non-food items.
- Aldi in Skipton offers good value though a more limited range.
- Otley has a fairly substantial Waitrose branch.
- There are also smaller mini-markets close-by, including a small Coop store at the lower end of Addingham (2 miles), as well as a larger branch in Silsden (1.3 miles), and a Morrisons on the right hand side as you Ilkley (4 miles) coming from Cringles.
You may wish to also consider ordering online before you arrive so you can a delivery that evening. Please give them the postcode BD20 0NS. .
There is a petrol station in at the far end of Silsden on the left hand site (2 miles). Asda in Keighley offers good value fuel, though you need to pay by credit or debit card.
Banks and ATMs / Cashpoints
Most major banks have branches in Skipton (10 minutes drive) and Ilkley (8 minute drive) also has several banks with over-the-counter and ATM services. There is a cashpoint at the Coops in Addingham and Silsden (5 minute drive).
There are several takeaways nearby who will deliver to Cringles House. Spice Fusion takeaway provides good Indian food in Addingham, and do deliver. Menus are in one of the boxes on the kitchen shelves. The postcode is BD20 0NS and you are best mentioning that we are the first house on Cringles Lane as you come off Bolton Road.